Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter @ The Orchard


Wow!, What a weekend! First of all Happy easter to everyone!  2nd Thanks for the pic scott I just kinda stole it off your blog..lol..This weekend was a blast, we dropped 10,000 eggs at The Orchard by helicopter! One word...AMAZING...we departed from the schaumburg airport around 6:10-6:15 and we were headed toward the orchard to drop 10,000 eggs for the 1000+ people waiting for them. From the minute we departed my adrenaline was pumpin, let me tell you..I was so excited to do this for all the Children...just a great feeling.  As we approached the Orchard, we came into a bit of trouble, they only gave us so much space to drop the eggs, and that day, the wind was blowin' like crazy. The pilot also noticed that there were power lines along the west side of the 3 drop zones. He told me he would have to drop me off at the aurora airport and drop the eggs and come back to get me, I was a little disapointed, and I felt like I was letting everyone down at church because they wanted the footage of them dropping the eggs from the helicopter. Anyway...they came to pick me up and did a circle around the orchard to get a decent arial view..so I got what I could get. I still had a blast in the helicopter, that was my 2nd helicopter ride my whole life and it was awesome. So, I told you about my easter, how was yours??

Later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anthony - thank you SO MUCH for doing this! Don't worry, you didn't let ANYONE down by having to be dropped off. Can't wait to see the footage! It was a weekend that we will never forget!

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I was so proud of you for doing this! My kid, up in the helicopter!!! Too cool!!! I told everyone I knew about it. Maybe that's why there were so many people there??? Just kidding.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

oh yes! Easter was definitely amazing!

Anonymous said...

well i saw your comment on either mike or scotts blog... one of those!